Clinique Skincare Essentials
If you've read my bio you'll know that I've worked for Clinique. It was actually my first full-time 'adult' job. And I loved it! I loved the social aspect, I had the best co-workers and bosses, and most of all, I am a big fan of this brand. All Clinique products are 100% allergy tested and fragrance free. If you have sensitive skin, this is a line to try. I have so many memories of customers telling me that Clinique has been their saving grace. They've tried other brands and they always come back to Clinique because it works and it's gentle on their skin.
Because I have not only drank the kool-aid, but am clearly passing it out, I wanted to share with you my favorite skincare products from Clinique. Side note: stock up on these goods now while Sephora is having their sale (which ends today!). Click this link for more details.
1. Sonic Brush $89.50- Electronic cleansing brushes are still a pretty trendy skincare item. I didn't jump on the bandwagon at first because I was happy with my skincare regimen. I had my face washes and scrubs and didn't want that to change. But once I tried Clinique's sonic brush, all bets were off. My skin felt so soft after I used it. My face was smooth and really clean. I was hooked.
The brush is amazing for a few different reasons, I'll make it quick. The brush head does not rotate but vibrates, making it much more gentle on the skin. The vibrations help lift the dirt and oil from the skin. Your skin's texture will be improved, pores will appear smaller. The brush head itself is super clean, it's designed to prevent the growth of bacteria. The bristles are also rounded to make them feel extra soft on the skin. The best part? It's waterproof. There are no exposed openings for the charger so you can leave it in the shower and it will work just fine. I don't use my brush everyday, but you can. 3-4x week is perfect for my skin, but adjust according to your skin's needs.
2. Sonic Cleansing Soap $20.50- Are you still here? Was that a long enough rant on the brush? This facial soap is the perfect companion for this brush, it's actually made for it. It sounds a little gimmicky right? Well it's not. I was a little turned off by this too because I wanted to use my normal facial soap. Now when I use the brush, I use this soap with it. It cushions the bristles and makes my skin squeaky clean.
3. Moisture Surge Face Moisturizer $39- I'm having a hard time describing this moisturizer only because it's made for everyone. I mean, everyone. Whether you have dry skin or oily skin, this would be a great product to use. It is oil-free, contains no SPF, no anti-aging ingredients. It's only job is to address dryness in the skin. Helpful hint: put it on in the morning and go right into your foundation. It will make your makeup look amazing!
4. All About Eyes $32.50- I don't care how old you are or what skin type you have, you should be using an eye cream. The skin around our eyes is thinner, more sensitive and more prone to lines and wrinkles. We need to keep this area especially hydrated. This eye cream is a long-time favorite of mine. I've used it on and off for at least 10 years. Use it under the eye area and then bring it into the temples. Use am and pm. A word of caution: don't use it on the eye lids. I don't know many eye creams that are safe for the lids, so just avoid that area.
5. Smart Serum $59.50- When this product launched, all my fellow Clinicians and I were so excited about this! Smart serum is the multi-tasking, anti-aging serum. It reduces the four major signs of aging by 50% in 12 weeks. Yup, that's right. It will even skin tone, reduce dark spots, lift and smooth out lines. Now this is not meant to hydrate, so pair it with a good moisturizer (like Moisture Surge). Don't bring this too close to the eye area, as there is a gentle exfoliator in this. Use morning and night. Another hint: layer your skincare products from thin to thick. Start with serums (like this one) and eye creams and end with heavier face creams.
Questions? I know that was a lot to throw at you.
Leave a comment for me, I'd love to chat.